Thursday 11 June 2009

Online life toggling

While trying to keep up with this course - do the reading and the posting - means that I'm expiencing speling problems (;-) there have been difficulties with toggling all the pieces of my life over the last few days. This, I am thinking, is helpful because it will come in handy when I try to introduce something new in my next teaching session. I will then recognise the look on some of the faces when people start thinking, "When can I learn to to do this, practice it and write up my thoughts?"

I realise that I already use some of the software that we're being directed to - Twitter, Delicious and I have a blog on my first wormery, complete with pictures. I don't think I'm using any of them particularly well and certainly not pedagogically well.

So, I now need to block off some time and catch up with the reading, both paper and online. I need to remember that learning online is actually NOT the 'easy' option and that 6 hours a week is optomistic!

I am thoroughly enjoying myself and am also looking forward to some collaborative online work. In an hour, I'm going to trial a DimDim session with a colleague on another campus. http://www.dimdim.com/ - free online conferencing when you can't skype.

2 comments:

  1. You're not wrong about 6 hours being an optimistic time frame! I plan to spend quite a lot of the weekend reading the work for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now find I have too many personas. When did I decide to be swest?? 6 hours is too optomistic but I can't resist the call of the garden.

    ReplyDelete